I’ve worked with some awesome clients. Are you the next?
Please keep the following in mind:
- I am a separate business and work on my own equipment out of my own facilities. I use all the latest tools including GitHub, Slack, Zeplin, Google Docs and Hangouts to stay in continuous contact with my clients. I am located in the Los Angeles area, but willing to travel for important on-site meetings and presentations.
- I prefer to work with a client from the start of the project, helping them define its nature and scope, and then producing a complete app from scratch. I can bring in additional talent as necessary including designers, artists, testers, and additional engineering.
- For a given project I can work as part of your team, and I write excellent code, but I am not just a “coder” and will expect to influence the design and structure of your app. I have worked with UX/UI designers who, due to lack of actual engineering experience, do not understand the fullness of what goes into a complete, well-designed app. I am happy to have that conversation, but not after the design is “complete and locked-in.” Believe me, this is for the best and you won’t be getting your money’s worth if you just want me to write code.
- My specialty is in creating 100% native iOS apps. I don’t work with cross-platform tools such as “Reactive Native” or “PhoneGap”, which always result in inferior products. I can help you plan your Android strategy if you wish to move that direction with your app.
- I can work on a fixed-bid or hourly basis, depending on the nature of the project. If hourly, I will work on retainer.
- I only work with clients who have sufficient budget to actually pay for the cost of development. I do not do work-for-equity deals. Even the simplest commercial-quality app is likely to run at least $20,000.